Senior Living in 21043 (Ellicott City, MD)
- 21043 has a SeniorScore® of 79, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Ellicott City, MD.
- 21043 scores lower than the Ellicott City, MD average of 80.
- 21043 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21043 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Taylor Manor Hospital, Spring Grove Hospital Center, and Howard County General Hospital.
- There are 132 senior living facilities in the area, including Shangiri-La Assisted Living - Ellicot City, Grey Rock Community, and Morningside House of Ellicott City.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 236 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Rolling Road Golf Club, Timbers At Troy, The, and Diamond Ridge Golf Course -Diamond Ridge.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Patapsco Female Institute, Patapsco Valley State Park, and Blandair Park.
- There are 118 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Church, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, and Bethel Baptist Church Sbc.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $123,226, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $106,640, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,289, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.39%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21043 has a dense population density of 2,485.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.30%.