Senior Living in 21044 (Columbia, MD)
- 21044 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Columbia, MD.
- 21044 scores lower than the Columbia, MD average of 79.
- 21044 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21044 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Howard County General Hospital and Taylor Manor Hospital).
- There are 65 senior living facilities in the area, including Friendship Place, Lorien Health Systems - Columbia, and Brookdale Marion.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 159 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Hobbit\'s Glenn Golf Club, Fairway Hills Golf Club, and Turf Valley Resort & Conference Center -East.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Robinson Nature Center and Blandair Park).
- There are 85 churches nearby, including Atholton Advntst, Harvester Baptist Church, and Beth Shalom Jewish Synagogue.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $116,664, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $95,456, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $49,402, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.45%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21044 has a dense population density of 3,475.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.45%.