Senior Living in 21045 (Columbia, MD)
- 21045 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Columbia, MD.
- 21045 scores lower than the Columbia, MD average of 79.
- 21045 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21045 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Howard County General Hospital, Taylor Manor Hospital, and Clifton T Perkins Hosp Center.
- There are 72 senior living facilities in the area, including San Jose Care Home, Senior Grace Home, and Cooper\'s Senior Assisted Group Home.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 197 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Fairway Hills Golf Club, Hobbit\'s Glenn Golf Club, and Timbers At Troy, The.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Blandair Park, Robinson Nature Center, and Patapsco Female Institute.
- There are 96 churches nearby, including Covenant Baptist Church, St John Baptist Church, and Columbia Baptist Fellowship.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $101,453, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $90,194, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,744, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.55%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21045 has a dense population density of 3,944.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.82%.