Senior Living in 21052 (Fort Howard, MD)
- 21052 scores the same as the Fort Howard, MD average of 81.
- 21052 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21052 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Va Maryland Health Care System).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Locust Lodge II, Locust Lodge, and PearTree House.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Sparrows Point Country Club -Eighteen Hole, Rocky Point Golf Course, and Clifton Park Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including North Point State Park, Fort Smallwood Park, and Hart-Miller Island State Park.
- There are 36 churches nearby, including Shiloh Baptist Church, Edgemere Baptist Church, and St Luke\'s Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,712, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,286, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,115, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 32.03%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21052 has a dense population density of 4,040.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.38%.