Senior Living in 21056 (Gibson Island, MD)
- 21056 scores the same as the Gibson Island, MD average of 100.
- 21056 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21056 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Anne Arundel Medical Center, Anne Arundel Medical Center, and Va Maryland Health Care System.
- There are 51 senior living facilities in the area, including FutureCare Chesapeake, Riva Terrace 4, and Sunrise of Severna Park.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 176 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (54% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Severna Park Golf Center, Bay Hills Golf Club, and United States Naval Academy Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Sandy Point State Park, Jonas Green Park, and Fort Smallwood Park.
- There are 196 churches nearby, including St Margaret\'s Episcopal Church, St Andrew By the Bay Chr Ofc, and Broadneck United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $679,096, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $275,594, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 21056 has a sparse population density of 194.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.