Senior Living in 21057 (Glen Arm, MD)
- 21057 scores the same as the Glen Arm, MD average of 92.
- 21057 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21057 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Good Samaritan Hospital, Saint Joseph Medical Center, and St Joseph Medical Center.
- There are 160 senior living facilities in the area, including Glen Meadows Retirement Community, Quail Run Assisted Living, and Hampton Meadows.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 441 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Mt. Vista Golf Course, Hunt Valley Country Club -Red/White, and Towson Golf & Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Cromwell Valley Park, Hampton National Historic Site, and Lake Roland Park.
- There are 318 churches nearby, including South Dale R, Fork Christian Church, and Bowen Kenneth E Rev.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $114,305, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,779, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,781, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.79%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21057 has a sparse population density of 244.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.95%.