Senior Living in 21060 (Glen Burnie, MD)
- 21060 has a SeniorScore® of 76, which is the highest of any zip code in Glen Burnie, MD.
- 21060 scores higher than the Glen Burnie, MD average of 72.
- 21060 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21060 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Baltimore Washington Medical Center, Harbor Hospital, and Harbor Hospital Center.
- There are 46 senior living facilities in the area, including Hands of Love and Care, Marley Neck Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 142 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Chartwell Golf & Country Club, Carroll Park Golf Course, and Sparrows Point Country Club -Eighteen Hole.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Kinder Farm Park and Fort Smallwood Park).
- There are 81 churches nearby, including Elvaton Baptist Church, Faith Baptist Church, and Friendship Missionary Baptist.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,843, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,149, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,081, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.27%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21060 has a dense population density of 2,334.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.83%.