Senior Living in 21071 (Glyndon, MD)
- 21071 scores the same as the Glyndon, MD average of 89.
- 21071 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21071 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Northwest Hospital Center).
- There are 69 senior living facilities in the area, including FutureCare Cherrywood, Leirum Care Homes, and Ainsworth Helen.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 144 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Tom Mitchell\'s Golf Gridiron, Green Spring Valley Hunt Club, and Caves Valley Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Irvine Nature Center, Soldiers Delight Natural Environmental Area, and Gramercy Mansion.
- There are 80 churches nearby, including Baltimore County Baptist Chr, Reisterstown Bapt Chr-Day Care, and Baltimore County Baptist.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,581, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,625, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,581, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 34.68%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21071 has an average population density of 501.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.