Senior Living in 21074 (Hampstead, MD)
- 21074 scores the same as the Hampstead, MD average of 69.
- 21074 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21074 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden Crest Corporation, Direct Link, and Castlefield.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Piney Branch Country Club, River Downs Country Club, and Tom Mitchell\'s Golf Gridiron.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Charlotte\'s Quest Nature Center and River Valley Ranch (RVR)).
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Ernst Henry E, Hampstead Baptist Church, and St Mark\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.05% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,768, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,122, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,502, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.51%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21074 has a sparse population density of 402.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.25%.