Senior Living in 21077 (Harmans, MD)
- 21077 scores the same as the Harmans, MD average of 97.
- 21077 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21077 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Baltimore Washington Medical Center, Clifton T Perkins Hosp Center, and Harbor Hospital Center.
- There are 125 senior living facilities in the area, including Morningside House of Friendship, BWF Place, and HeartHomes at Linthicum.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 316 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Timbers At Troy, The, Courses At Fort Meade, The -Parks, and Rolling Road Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Washington DC / Capitol KOA and Kinder Farm Park).
- There are 205 churches nearby, including St Mark\'s United Methodist Chr, Wesley Grove United Methodist, and St Lawrence Rectory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,997, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,591, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,782, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 21077 has a sparse population density of 340.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.