Senior Living in 21078 (Havre De Grace, MD)
- 21078 scores the same as the Havre De Grace, MD average of 74.
- 21078 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21078 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Harford Memorial Hospital and Va Maryland Health Care Syst).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Churchville Meadows, St. John\'s Towers, and Lorien Bulle Rock.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Bulle Rock Golf Club, Golf & Country Club Of Swan Creek, and Beechtree Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Susquehanna State Park, Palmer State Park, and Cedar Lane Park.
- There are 51 churches nearby, including St Patrick\'s Church, First Baptist Church, and Mt Zoin Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,556, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,526, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,724, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.61%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21078 has an average population density of 583.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.63%.