Senior Living in 21084 (Jarrettsville, MD)
- 21084 scores the same as the Jarrettsville, MD average of 74.
- 21084 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21084 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Hart Heritage Estate, Forest Hill Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Greenfield Senior Living at Bel Air.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Greystone Golf Course, Geneva Farm Golf Club, and Winters Run Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Rocks State Park and Eden Mill Nature Center).
- There are 26 churches nearby, including North Harford Baptist Church, Salem Lutheran Church, and Jarrettsville United Meth Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $107,481, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $90,346, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,085, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.64%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21084 has a sparse population density of 312.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.44%.