Senior Living in 21087 (Kingsville, MD)
- 21087 scores the same as the Kingsville, MD average of 88.
- 21087 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21087 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Upper Chesapeake Medical Center).
- There are 59 senior living facilities in the area, including Brightview Perry Hall, Joyous Living, and Ma Maison - Cottage III.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 195 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Mt. Vista Golf Course, Mountain Branch Golf Course, and Winters Run Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Harford Glen Park and Marshy Point Nature Center).
- There are 96 churches nearby, including St Stephen\'s Catholic Church, St John\'s Episcopal, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Chr & Schl.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $112,625, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $90,893, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,957, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.12%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21087 has a sparse population density of 389.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.77%.