Senior Living in 21090 (Linthicum Heights, MD)
- 21090 scores the same as the Linthicum Heights, MD average of 88.
- 21090 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21090 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Harbor Hospital, Harbor Hospital Center, and Baltimore Washington Medical Center.
- There are 108 senior living facilities in the area, including Erickson Retirement Communities, HeartHomes at Linthicum, and Hammonds Lane Center.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 291 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Timbers At Troy, The, Carroll Park Golf Course, and Rolling Road Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 220 churches nearby, including Krach John A, Andover Baptist Church, and St Johns Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,943, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,320, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,038, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.71%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21090 has an average population density of 1,484.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.91%.