Senior Living in 21102 (Manchester, MD)
- 21102 scores the same as the Manchester, MD average of 79.
- 21102 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21102 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Hanover Hospital).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Longview Nursing Home, Inc., Manchester Manor, and Castlefield.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Bon Air Country Club, Bon Air Country Club, and Piney Branch Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including River Valley Ranch (RVR), Charlotte\'s Quest Nature Center, and Bear Branch Nature Center.
- There are 58 churches nearby, including Manchester Baptist Church, St Bartholomew\'s Catholic Chr, and Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.05% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,230, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,905, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,747, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.86%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21102 has a sparse population density of 290.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.31%.