Senior Living in 21104 (Marriottsville, MD)
- 21104 scores the same as the Marriottsville, MD average of 88.
- 21104 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21104 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Springfield Hospital Center, Northwest Hospital Center, and Taylor Manor Hospital.
- There are 136 senior living facilities in the area, including Family Care, Encore at Turf Valley, and Transitions Healthcare at Sykesville.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 218 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 74 golf courses nearby, including Waverly Woods, Turf Valley Resort & Conference Center -East, and Diamond Ridge Golf Course -Diamond Ridge.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Piney Run Park, Soldiers Delight Natural Environmental Area, and Patapsco Valley State Park.
- There are 122 churches nearby, including Chapelgate Presbyterian Church, St James United Methodist Chr, and Elders Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $145,427, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $130,707, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $45,513, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.81%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21104 has a sparse population density of 270.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.04%.