Senior Living in 21111 (Monkton, MD)
- 21111 scores the same as the Monkton, MD average of 80.
- 21111 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21111 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Broadmead, Maryland Masonic Homes, and Dulaney Valley Assisted Living at Hunt Valley.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Hunt Valley Country Club -Red/White, Towson Golf & Country Club, and Greystone Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Hereford United Methodist Chr, Hickey Carl R Rev, and St James Episcopal Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $163,417, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $115,435, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $57,667, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.83%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21111 has a sparse population density of 139.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.39%.