Senior Living in 21113 (Odenton, MD)
- 21113 scores the same as the Odenton, MD average of 75.
- 21113 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21113 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 60 senior living facilities in the area, including Hearthomes at Piney Orchard, Waugh Chapel Center, and Regency Park.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 109 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Courses At Fort Meade, The -Parks, Crofton Country Club, and Walden Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Patuxent Research Refuge and Washington DC / Capitol KOA).
- There are 118 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Church, Epiphany Episcopal Church, and First Evangelical Lutheran Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $104,954, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $90,358, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,415, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.09%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21113 has a dense population density of 2,112.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.81%.