Senior Living in 21114 (Crofton, MD)
- 21114 scores the same as the Crofton, MD average of 69.
- 21114 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21114 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Crofton Care and Rehabilitation Center, Household of Angels, and Autumn Meadows Senior Assisted Living.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Walden Golf Club, Crofton Country Club, and Night Hawk Golf Center.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 69 churches nearby, including Prince of Peace Presbyterian, First Baptist Church-Crofton, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $112,095, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $101,986, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,915, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.77%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21114 has a dense population density of 4,530.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.69%.