Senior Living in 21117 (Owings Mills, MD)
- 21117 scores the same as the Owings Mills, MD average of 74.
- 21117 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21117 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Northwest Hospital Center).
- There are 89 senior living facilities in the area, including A Better Day Adult Medical Day Care, Leirum Care Homes, and Atrium Village.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 140 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Green Spring Valley Hunt Club, Caves Valley Golf Club, and Worthington Valley Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Irvine Nature Center, Soldiers Delight Natural Environmental Area, and Gramercy Mansion.
- There are 72 churches nearby, including Beth Israel Congregation, St Thomas\'s Church, and Har Sinai Congregation.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,763, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,021, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,010, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.90%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21117 has a dense population density of 1,653.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.44%.