Senior Living in 21130 (Perryman, MD)
- 21130 scores the same as the Perryman, MD average of 85.
- 21130 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21130 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Harford Memorial Hospital, Va Maryland Health Care Syst, and Upper Chesapeake Medical Center.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including VPCBH Assisted Living, No Place Like Home, and Lorien Riverside.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 136 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Aberdeen Proving Ground -Ruggles, Beechtree Golf Club, and Wetlands Golf Club, The.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Cedar Lane Park, Harford Glen Park, and YMCA Camp Tockwogh.
- There are 74 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, St Joan of Arc, and Aberdeen Bible Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,749, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,108, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,855, which is in the top 89% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.58%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21130 has a sparse population density of 247.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.98%.