Senior Living in 21131 (Phoenix, MD)
- 21131 scores the same as the Phoenix, MD average of 88.
- 21131 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21131 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Saint Joseph Medical Center, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, and Sheppard And Enoch Pratt Hosp.
- There are 68 senior living facilities in the area, including Dulaney Valley Assisted Living at Baldwin, Dulaney Valley Assisted Living at Hunt Valley, and Stella Maris.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 214 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Hunt Valley Country Club -Red/White, Towson Golf & Country Club, and Hayfields Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Hampton National Historic Site and Cromwell Valley Park).
- There are 94 churches nearby, including Jacksonville Church of God, Chestnut Grove Presbyterian, and St John\'s Evangelical Lutheran.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $174,068, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $115,833, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $57,771, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.95%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21131 has a sparse population density of 326.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.91%.