Senior Living in 21144 (Severn, MD)
- 21144 scores the same as the Severn, MD average of 77.
- 21144 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21144 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Baltimore Washington Medical Center).
- There are 42 senior living facilities in the area, including BWF Place, Morningside House of Friendship, and North Arundel Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 124 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Courses At Fort Meade, The -Parks, Timbers At Troy, The, and Chartwell Golf & Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Washington DC / Capitol KOA and Kinder Farm Park).
- There are 89 churches nearby, including Tye\'s Mud Hut, Chesapeake Baptist Church, and St Bernadette Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $104,942, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $95,872, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,092, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.64%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21144 has a dense population density of 1,990.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.56%.