Senior Living in 21146 (Severna Park, MD)
- 21146 scores the same as the Severna Park, MD average of 80.
- 21146 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21146 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Crownsville Hospital Center).
- There are 52 senior living facilities in the area, including Severna Park Center, Brightview Severna Park, and Spring Arbor of Severna Park.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Chartwell Golf & Country Club, Sherwood Forest Golf Course, and Severna Park Golf Center.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Kinder Farm Park and Washington DC / Capitol KOA).
- There are 110 churches nearby, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, Unity By the Bay, and St Martin\'s in the Field Day.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $137,192, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $114,940, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,574, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.69%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21146 has a dense population density of 2,609.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.63%.