Senior Living in 21153 (Stevenson, MD)
- 21153 scores the same as the Stevenson, MD average of 95.
- 21153 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21153 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 18 hospitals nearby, including Mt Washington Pediatric Hosp, Saint Joseph Medical Center, and Greater Baltimore Medical Center.
- There are 221 senior living facilities in the area, including Arden Courts of Pikesville, Powerback Rehabilitation, Brightwood Campus, and Brightwood Club Association.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 648 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Woodholme Country Club, Suburban Club Of Baltimore County, and Baltimore Country Club -East.
- There are 15 parks nearby, including Gramercy Mansion, Irvine Nature Center, and Lake Roland Park.
- There are 522 churches nearby, including Beth El Congregation, Baltimore Hebrew Congregation, and St Charles Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $275,026, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $177,685, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $90,816, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 23.24%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21153 has a sparse population density of 164.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.