Senior Living in 21156 (Upper Falls, MD)
- 21156 scores the same as the Upper Falls, MD average of 91.
- 21156 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21156 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Upper Chesapeake Medical Center and Franklin Square Hospital Center).
- There are 93 senior living facilities in the area, including Joyous Living, Nichols Senior Care, and Brightview Perry Hall.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 292 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Mt. Vista Golf Course, Mountain Branch Golf Course, and Winters Run Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Harford Glen Park, Marshy Point Nature Center, and Cedar Lane Park.
- There are 127 churches nearby, including Salem United Methodist Church, St Paul\'s Lutheran Chr & Schl, and St John\'s Episcopal.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,445, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,750, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,608, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.66%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21156 has a sparse population density of 248.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.55%.