Senior Living in 21157 (Westminster, MD)
- 21157 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Westminster, MD.
- 21157 scores lower than the Westminster, MD average of 75.
- 21157 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21157 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Carroll Hospital Center).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden Livingcenter- Westminster, Brookdale Westminster, and Brightview Westminster Ridge.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including River Downs Country Club, Wakefield Valley Golf & Conference Center -Gold/Green, and Bear Creek Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Carroll County Farm Museum, Morgan Run Environmental Area, and Bear Branch Nature Center.
- There are 36 churches nearby, including Westminster Baptist Church, Westminster Brethren Church, and Ascension Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.05% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,088, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,013, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,651, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.77%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21157 has a sparse population density of 481.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.93%.