Senior Living in 21163 (Woodstock, MD)
- 21163 scores the same as the Woodstock, MD average of 90.
- 21163 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21163 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Northwest Hospital Center, Taylor Manor Hospital, and Springfield Hospital Center.
- There are 137 senior living facilities in the area, including Encore at Turf Valley, Full House Senior Living, and Chapel Hill Nursing Center.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 189 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Waverly Woods, Diamond Ridge Golf Course -Diamond Ridge, and Turf Valley Resort & Conference Center -East.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Soldiers Delight Natural Environmental Area, Patapsco Valley State Park, and Patapsco Female Institute.
- There are 129 churches nearby, including Chapelgate Presbyterian Church, Winands Road Synagogue Ctr, and Holy Family Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $130,254, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $127,862, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,759, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.11%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 21163 has an average population density of 556.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.21%.