Senior Living in 21204 (Towson, MD)
- 21204 has a SeniorScore® of 85, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Towson, MD.
- 21204 scores lower than the Towson, MD average of 86.
- 21204 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21204 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Saint Joseph Medical Center, St Joseph Medical Center, and Sheppard And Enoch Pratt Hosp.
- There are 172 senior living facilities in the area, including ManorCare Health Services - Ruxton, Pickersgill Retirement Community, and Chestnut Green Health Center at Blakehurst.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 379 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Elkridge Club, Baltimore Country Club -East, and Chestnut Ridge Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Lake Roland Park, Hampton National Historic Site, and Mt. Washington Arboretum.
- There are 257 churches nearby, including Church-the Immaculate Cncptn, Calvary Baptist Church-Towson, and Trinity Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $107,339, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,278, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,778, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.38%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21204 has a dense population density of 3,359.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.30%.