Senior Living in 21208 (Pikesville, MD)
- 21208 scores the same as the Pikesville, MD average of 88.
- 21208 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21208 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Mt Washington Pediatric Hosp, Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore, and Levindale Hebrew Ger Ctr.
- There are 183 senior living facilities in the area, including Weinberg House, Sunrise of Pikesville, and Envoy of Pikesville.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 379 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Suburban Club Of Baltimore County, Woodholme Country Club, and Bonnie View Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Gramercy Mansion, Mt. Washington Arboretum, and Lake Roland Park.
- There are 258 churches nearby, including Baltimore Hebrew Congregation, St Charles Church, and Beth El Congregation.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,945, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,460, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $44,453, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.70%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21208 has a dense population density of 2,752.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.68%.