Senior Living in 21210 (Baltimore, MD)
- 21210 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Baltimore, MD.
- 21210 scores significantly higher than the Baltimore, MD average of 69.
- 21210 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21210 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Mt Washington Pediatric Hosp, Good Samaritan Hospital, and Union Memorial Hospital.
- There are 153 senior living facilities in the area, including Long Green Center, Homewood Center, and ManorCare Health Services - Roland Park.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 238 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Elkridge Club, Bonnie View Country Club, and Country Club Of Maryland.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Cylburn Arboretum, Mt. Washington Arboretum, and Lake Roland Park.
- There are 252 churches nearby, including Church of the Redeemer, Grace United Methodist Church, and St David\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $141,365, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $92,625, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $52,899, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.23%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21210 has a dense population density of 4,315.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.80%.