Senior Living in 21212 (Baltimore, MD)
- 21212 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Baltimore, MD.
- 21212 scores higher than the Baltimore, MD average of 69.
- 21212 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21212 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Good Samaritan Hospital, Saint Joseph Medical Center, and St Joseph Medical Center.
- There are 137 senior living facilities in the area, including Long Green Center, Homewood Center, and The Villa.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 239 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Elkridge Club, Mount Pleasant Golf Club, and Country Club Of Maryland.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Mt. Washington Arboretum, Cylburn Arboretum, and Lake Roland Park.
- There are 192 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Rectory, Winston Avenue Baptist Church, and Woodbrook Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,155, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,931, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,446, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.02%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21212 has a dense population density of 6,951.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.01%.