Senior Living in 21213 (Baltimore, MD)
- 21213 has a SeniorScore® of 63, which is the 19th highest of any zip code in Baltimore, MD.
- 21213 scores lower than the Baltimore, MD average of 69.
- 21213 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21213 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Kennedy Krieger Children Hosp, and Union Memorial Hospital.
- There are 67 senior living facilities in the area, including Home Quality Care, Esther\'s Place, and Mccaskill\'s Assisted Living.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Clifton Park Golf Course, Country Club Of Maryland, and Mount Pleasant Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Clifton Park, Ellwood Park, and Patterson Park.
- There are 103 churches nearby, including Bible Way Missionary Baptist, David Memorial Baptist Church, and Barnes William S.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $43,543, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,499, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,062, which is in the top 85% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.33%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21213 has a very dense population density of 9,593.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.83%.