Senior Living in 21215 (Baltimore, MD)
- 21215 has a SeniorScore® of 61, which is the 23th highest of any zip code in Baltimore, MD.
- 21215 scores significantly lower than the Baltimore, MD average of 69.
- 21215 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21215 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore and Levindale Hebrew Ger Ctr).
- There are 96 senior living facilities in the area, including The Daisy Group, Ambrozean Assisted Living Care Center, Inc., and Brinton Woods Health and Rehab Center at Arlington West.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Bonnie View Country Club, Forest Park Golf Course, and Suburban Club Of Baltimore County.
- There is 1 park nearby (Cylburn Arboretum)..
- There are 44 churches nearby, including Johnson Kt, Dalton Baptist Church, and First St Stephens Baptist Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,981, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,620, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,308, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.48%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21215 has a very dense population density of 8,830.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.79%.