Senior Living in 21216 (Baltimore, MD)
- 21216 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 18th highest of any zip code in Baltimore, MD.
- 21216 scores lower than the Baltimore, MD average of 69.
- 21216 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21216 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Saint Agnes Hospital, Regional Inst For Children, and St Agnes Healthcare.
- There are 105 senior living facilities in the area, including Crawford Retreat, Pulliam Superior Care Assisted Living LLC, and Serenity Garden Manor.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Forest Park Golf Course, Carroll Park Golf Course, and Bonnie View Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Carrie Murray Nature Center, Gwynns Falls, and H.P. Rawlings Conservatory & Botanic Gardens of Baltimore.
- There are 107 churches nearby, including Gospel Tabernacle Baptist Chr, Mt Moriah Baptist Church, and First Abyssinia Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,761, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,018, which is in the top 89% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,593, which is in the top 78% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.51%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21216 has a very dense population density of 9,619.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.34%.