Senior Living in 21217 (Baltimore, MD)
- 21217 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 17th highest of any zip code in Baltimore, MD.
- 21217 scores lower than the Baltimore, MD average of 69.
- 21217 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21217 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Va Maryland Healthcare System - Baltimore, University Of Maryland Medical Center, and Maryland General Hospital.
- There are 97 senior living facilities in the area, including FutureCare Sandtown, House of Harmony, and St. Stephen\'s Court Apartments.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 127 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Carroll Park Golf Course, Clifton Park Golf Course, and Elkridge Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (H.P. Rawlings Conservatory & Botanic Gardens of Baltimore and Druid Hill Park).
- There are 156 churches nearby, including Fulton Baptist Church, Mitchum Joseph L, and Mount Hope Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $43,356, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $24,735, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,799, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.06%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21217 has a very dense population density of 16,030.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.41%.