Senior Living in 21218 (Baltimore, MD)
- 21218 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 20th highest of any zip code in Baltimore, MD.
- 21218 scores significantly lower than the Baltimore, MD average of 69.
- 21218 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21218 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Union Memorial Hospital).
- There are 94 senior living facilities in the area, including The Green House Residences at Stadium Place, Hanson Home Care, and Esther\'s Place.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are no fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Clifton Park Golf Course, Country Club Of Maryland, and Mount Pleasant Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Clifton Park)..
- There are 79 churches nearby, including Grace Baptist Church, Mt Carmel Baptist Church, and Faith United Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,481, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,652, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,181, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.26%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21218 has a very dense population density of 11,907.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.88%.