Senior Living in 21220 (Middle River, MD)
- 21220 scores the same as the Middle River, MD average of 71.
- 21220 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21220 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Franklin Square Hospital Center).
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Hopkins Village Elderly, Woodlands Assisted Living, and Oakwood Care Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 136 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Rocky Point Golf Course, Mountain Branch Golf Course, and Mt. Vista Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Marshy Point Nature Center)..
- There are 66 churches nearby, including Middle River Baptist Church, Faith Lutheran Church, and St Matthew Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,660, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,533, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,407, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.93%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21220 has a dense population density of 1,818.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.69%.