Senior Living in 21222 (Dundalk, MD)
- 21222 scores the same as the Dundalk, MD average of 67.
- 21222 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21222 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center).
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Center, FutureCare Northpoint, and Riverview Rehabilitation and Health Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Sparrows Point Country Club -Eighteen Hole, Rocky Point Golf Course, and Clifton Park Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 76 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, New Shiloh Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church-Dundalk.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,176, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,421, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,040, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.01%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21222 has a dense population density of 5,089.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.06%.