Senior Living in 21225 (Brooklyn, MD)
- 21225 scores the same as the Brooklyn, MD average of 65.
- 21225 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21225 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Harbor Hospital, Harbor Hospital Center, and Deaton Specialty Hosp And Home.
- There are 73 senior living facilities in the area, including House of Loving Care, Hammonds Lane Center, and The Greens at English Consul.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Carroll Park Golf Course, Clifton Park Golf Course, and Sparrows Point Country Club -Eighteen Hole.
- There is 1 park nearby (Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine)..
- There are 64 churches nearby, including Resurrection Lutheran Church, First Baptist Church-Brooklyn, and Brooklyn Heights United Mthdst.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,297, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,405, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,167, which is in the top 85% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.16%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21225 has a dense population density of 5,189.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.92%.