Senior Living in 21226 (Curtis Bay, MD)
- 21226 scores the same as the Curtis Bay, MD average of 84.
- 21226 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21226 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 13 hospitals nearby, including Harbor Hospital, Harbor Hospital Center, and Baltimore Washington Medical Center.
- There are 131 senior living facilities in the area, including Hands of Love and Care, Locust Lodge II, and Locust Lodge.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 370 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Sparrows Point Country Club -Eighteen Hole, Carroll Park Golf Course, and Clifton Park Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine, Fort Smallwood Park, and Patterson Park.
- There are 314 churches nearby, including Antioch Temple Church of God, St Athanasius Rectory, and Faith Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,597, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,369, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,501, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.60%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21226 has an average population density of 761.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 76.89%.