Senior Living in 21227 (Halethorpe, MD)
- 21227 scores the same as the Halethorpe, MD average of 79.
- 21227 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21227 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 13 hospitals nearby, including Saint Agnes Hospital, Regional Inst For Children, and St Agnes Healthcare.
- There are 145 senior living facilities in the area, including The Greens at English Consul, The Neighborhoods at St. Elizabeth , and Caritas House Assisted Living.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 375 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Carroll Park Golf Course, Rolling Road Golf Club, and Timbers At Troy, The.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Gwynns Falls, Carrie Murray Nature Center, and Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine.
- There are 327 churches nearby, including St Clement Rectory, Good Shepard Center, and Shelbourne Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,176, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,632, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,776, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.80%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21227 has a dense population density of 2,909.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.23%.