Senior Living in 21230 (Baltimore, MD)
- 21230 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Baltimore, MD.
- 21230 scores higher than the Baltimore, MD average of 69.
- 21230 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21230 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 11 hospitals nearby, including Deaton Specialty Hosp And Home, Bon Secours Hospital, and University Of Maryland Medical Center.
- There are 116 senior living facilities in the area, including Fayette Health and Rehabilitation Center, Five Star Quality Care, and Fire & Police Employees’ Retirement System.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 207 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Carroll Park Golf Course, Clifton Park Golf Course, and Rolling Road Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine, Patterson Park, and Ellwood Park.
- There are 254 churches nearby, including Pleasant Rock Baptist Church, Lee Street Memorial Baptist, and Bethany Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,502, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,324, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,811, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.97%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21230 has a dense population density of 5,324.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.36%.