Senior Living in 21237 (Rosedale, MD)
- 21237 scores the same as the Rosedale, MD average of 81.
- 21237 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21237 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Franklin Square Hospital Center, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Kennedy Krieger Children Hosp.
- There are 101 senior living facilities in the area, including ManorCare Health Services - Rossville, Franklin Woods Center, and Sava Senior Care.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 334 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Rocky Point Golf Course, Clifton Park Golf Course, and Mount Pleasant Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Clifton Park, Ellwood Park, and Cromwell Valley Park.
- There are 278 churches nearby, including Baltimore White Marsh Seventh, Immanuel Baptist Church, and Roche Bl.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,995, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,027, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,675, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.52%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21237 has a dense population density of 2,612.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.24%.