Senior Living in 21239 (Baltimore, MD)
- 21239 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 20th highest of any zip code in Baltimore, MD.
- 21239 scores significantly lower than the Baltimore, MD average of 69.
- 21239 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21239 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Good Samaritan Hospital).
- There are 81 senior living facilities in the area, including Bundles of Joy Assisted Living, Transitional Care At MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, and MedStar Good Samaritan Nursing Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are no fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Mount Pleasant Golf Club, Country Club Of Maryland, and Elkridge Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 57 churches nearby, including Friendship Baptist Church, Grant Patrick S, and St Matthew\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.22% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,338, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,202, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,272, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.34%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21239 has a very dense population density of 8,900.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.65%.