Senior Living in 21250 (Baltimore, MD)
- 21250 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 15th highest of any zip code in Baltimore, MD.
- 21250 scores lower than the Baltimore, MD average of 69.
- 21250 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21250 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Magnolia Manor, Brightview Catonsville Assisted Living, and Brightview Rolling Hills.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are no pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (0% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Rolling Road Golf Club, Timbers At Troy, The, and Carroll Park Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has a per capita income of $1,966, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.90%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21250 has a very dense population density of 13,081.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.