Senior Living in 21252 (Baltimore, MD)
- 21252 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 10th highest of any zip code in Baltimore, MD.
- 21252 scores the same as the Baltimore, MD average of 69.
- 21252 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21252 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Saint Joseph Medical Center, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, and Sheppard And Enoch Pratt Hosp.
- There are 72 senior living facilities in the area, including Maples of Towson, Multi-Medical Center, and Brightview Towson.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (0% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Elkridge Club, Mount Pleasant Golf Club, and Country Club Of Maryland.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 45 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church-Towson, Trinity Episcopal Church, and Church-the Immaculate Cncptn.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has a per capita income of $1,971, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.27%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21252 has a very dense population density of 19,944.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.