Senior Living in 21286 (Towson, MD)
- 21286 has a SeniorScore® of 87, which is the highest of any zip code in Towson, MD.
- 21286 scores higher than the Towson, MD average of 86.
- 21286 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21286 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Saint Joseph Medical Center, Sheppard And Enoch Pratt Hosp, and Greater Baltimore Medical Center.
- There are 140 senior living facilities in the area, including Hampton Meadows, Cromwell Center, and Loch Raven Center.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 317 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Mount Pleasant Golf Club, Country Club Of Maryland, and Elkridge Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Hampton National Historic Site, Cromwell Valley Park, and Lake Roland Park.
- There are 221 churches nearby, including Immaculate Heart of Mary, Divinity Lutheran Church, and St Thomas Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $98,280, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,007, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,196, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.55%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21286 has a dense population density of 2,254.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.70%.