Senior Living in 21403 (Annapolis, MD)
- 21403 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in Annapolis, MD.
- 21403 scores lower than the Annapolis, MD average of 83.
- 21403 scores the same as the Maryland average of 78.
- 21403 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Anne Arundel Medical Center and Anne Arundel Medical Center).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Hearthomes at Bay Ridge, The Gardens of Annapolis, and NMS Healthcare of Annapolis.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 110 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Annapolis Golf Club, United States Naval Academy Golf Club, and Heritage Harbour Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Quiet Waters Park, William Paca House & Garden, and Thomas Point Park.
- There are 120 churches nearby, including Mount Moriah Ame Church, First Baptist Church-Eastport, and St Martin\'s Evangelical.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $108,206, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,848, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,186, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.93%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21403 has a dense population density of 3,330.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.33%.