Senior Living in 21405 (Annapolis, MD)
- 21405 has a SeniorScore® of 95, which is the highest of any zip code in Annapolis, MD.
- 21405 scores significantly higher than the Annapolis, MD average of 83.
- 21405 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21405 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Crownsville Hospital Center, Anne Arundel Medical Center, and Anne Arundel Medical Center.
- There are 76 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunshine House II, Michael Mcgrory, and Sunrise of Annapolis.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 204 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Sherwood Forest Golf Course, Eisenhower Golf Course, and Heritage Harbour Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Maryland State Parks, Jonas Green Park, and William Paca House & Garden.
- There are 239 churches nearby, including South Shore Baptist Church, St Stephens Episcopal Church, and Mt Tabor United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $224,485, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $169,766, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $79,025, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.58%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21405 has an average population density of 548.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.